Friday, 25 July 2008

Alpine Miniatures - 3rd SBCT, 2nd Infantry Division

Thank you all for your fervent interest, generous comments and numerous emails with regards to the WIP painting of the ACU digital camouflage. Unfortunately, due to the pressing issue of an impending deadline, I apologize for not being able to provide a more detailed documentation of the painting process at this point in time.

Another key issue here is that this is my first attempt at painting such a "complex" camouflage scheme. I'm currently in the process of finding a more straight-forward approach to this challenge. The last week was plagued with blotches and blunders and what you saw in the previous post was actually two days worth of clean-up work. Sounds nasty? Yes, it was..... Just take a look at the back and you'll know what I mean by the mess.

Putting it across as parable, it would be like asking a cook what he had put into the salad to make it so delicious and his reply," I don't know. I used whatever I could find around the kitchen and mixed them according to what I thought might taste good. I'm glad you liked it though"

So please bear with me until I get a handle on this and hopefully present it in bite-sized portions which would not put a damper on your urge to paint this set of figures.

That aside, I managed to get the face and the MOLLE straps painted this afternoon. Looks like more work needs to be done judging from the photos :(



Anonymous said...

Nice job on the camo!
I have a pair of shorts with that pattern and you are nailing it in 1/35th!
Glenn Bartolotti

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Calvin.

Good luck getting these finished - and maintaining your sanity!! :-)

michael kelly