Monday 16 August 2010

A New Head Sculpt

.


Here's a quick 1/16 scale head study realized in a compound of Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey Firm on a resin mannequin spare. A needle inserted through the ears helps gauge the symmetry as I sculpt. It's still a work-in-progress as I usually use such photos taken of the sculpt to identify mistakes and blemishes. The dots for the iris are placeholders and will be worked over before curing under a 60W lamp.
I've no idea what final form this will assume but I'm probably guessing an M-16 will be implicated ;)

Calvin



5 comments:

Kazufumi said...

Awesome sculpt! very promising.

Andreas said...

oh this head fits greatly into the 1/16 row of alpine figures;) and that nam soldier is a great subject;)

Jake said...

Terrific! envy your ability..very expecting.

Unknown said...

Hi, beautiful and great jobs!! ... Reading your articles I have met several times with the word "Glazed", I could explain a little what you mean by that?.

Guillermo

leonardo said...

great job mr.