Friday 7 July 2017

DEF Model - IDF Female Soldier, Caracal Battalion


Through the kind courtesy of Hyun Jin, here is my take on DEF Model's premiere 1/20 scale IDF female soldier. She will make her public debut at the Malaysia Miniature Hobby Show in Penang over this weekend. It was primed in Gunze Sanyo black and grey Surfacer and entirely hand painted in acrylics with the use of the Vallejo retarder medium to enable a smooth and even spread of paint for the tonal transitions. This figure was a digital sculpt and materialized though 3D printing. It is currently available in 1/20 and 1/35 scale at this time of writing.    


Some in work in progress shots of the painting for those interested.


Cheers,

Calvin



2 comments:

Valentyn said...

Very beautiful. You are cool.

Anonymous said...

Amazing work! Can I ask what colors you used for the olive green trousers? I'm working on some World War II American infantry in 1/100 and I'm not satisfied with my olive green yet.