Thursday 7 January 2021

Alpine Miniatures - Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung "Großdeutschland", Ostfront 1944-45

I decided to start the year 2021 with a new year's resolution to thin out my shelve queens beginning with this piece that started back in 2012. For some strange reason I could not bring myself to complete this piece until now. I suppose the spare head from a recently completed box art assignment for Alpine Miniatures provided the much needed inspiration to restart the painting of this figure. If you make a comparison, I changed the colour of the Panzer wrap to that of a field grey rather than that of the green-blue hue. Furthermore I felt that it was more fitting to spot this well decorated Sturmgeschütz Leutnant in the steel helmet. As since I am on the roll with decorations, why not a Fair Isle  knitted sweater to lend some contrast to the drab military garb. 



Here is the figure previously before in 2012.


Cheers,

Calvin



2 comments:

Askari Miniatures said...

Thanks for this amazing blog it’s clear you give so much value to your readers.

Johan battler said...

Cricket Players Born in One Country, But Played for Another. Most international cricket players are those who play for the other cricket team of the country in which they were born.