Saturday 30 April 2022

Alpine Miniatures - CSA, 5th Texas Infantry Regiment, 1863

Though I have never been keen on the subject of the American Civil War, I do admire the art of Don Troiani and Keith Rocco. Thus when the opportunity was presented by Taesung Harmms to paint this Mike Good sculpt for the box art, I could not resist - especially the challenge to render a ornamental carpet bed roll. It might surprise some you folks out there that the uniform was rendered with colors taken from my WW2 German Uniform set from AK Interactive. Watch this space as I will publish the colour recipes for the Confederate uniform.



As you can see below, the figure in in bare resin. 


Cheers,

Calvin




2 comments:

Silnius said...

great work Calvin, what a change from the greys and drabs. The colorful roll is almost as beautiful as a south Dixies accent from which I know all too well.

Calvin Tan said...

Thanks!